The adoption process can be stressful. Although there are scholarships and grants available to help with the fees, sometimes they don’t cover all of them. However, there are many ways to fundraise! One idea is creating a fantasy football league. If your friends and family love football, this is a perfect way to bring them together for a good cause. Here are some tips for creating a league:
- Advertise to get people to join your league. Call up friends and family members and post on social media to get the word out.
- Charge an entry fee. You should charge each participant an entry fee, and the amount should depend how much the prize at the end of the season is.
- Have each participant select players for their team. Host a “draft” party before the NFL season starts and write up rules. You need to determine how many fantasy points a player gets for a touchdown, field goal, yards gained, etc. You also need to figure out how many teams are going to make the playoffs and what the rules are regarding trades and free agents.
- Utilize sites like ESPN or NFL in order to track player and team stats each week. These sites simplify the process a lot. Participants can also easily stay updated on their progress.
- Award the winner and follow up. Make sure you let everyone know how much money was raised to help support your adoption process and thank everyone for supporting your family.
Now you can support other fundraisers you see, provide support to another family trying to fund-raise, and share about your fundraising experience with us! Email your story (and photos too!) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about fundraising or other financial aspects of adoption, please reach out to our Senior Vice President of Finance.