"We Can't Fix Grief"
Mary Kathryn Nader, LPC, and Emily Morehead, LPC have a conversation about grief in the first episode of the podcast reFRAMED. Grief over a death; a loss of culture through an international adoption; a loss of a birth child through placing a child for adoption; a loss of caretakers and family life as we know it through removal by Child Protection Services.
Some ways to process our grief and our children's grief when faced with the loss of culture or the loss of a caretaker include:
- Providing time and space to talk about the losses. Write down the losses. Talk about what was written down.
- Permission to share your heart.
- Permission to not feel guilty about the loss.
- Recognize that it is going to be a difficult time.
- Permission to say “no” to things and setting boundaries.
- Practicing the ask of what you need.
The reFRAMED podcast is created to educate, encourage, and inspire parents and professionals that have a love for children and want to meet their needs.
Help Us Spread the Word! Please let your social media followers know about this podcast.
If you enjoyed this episode of the reFRAMED podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review, and subscribe.
What do you think? What are your thoughts on grief and gratitude practices? Please share your comments below.