We know the process of adopting is stressful and we want to provide as many ways as possible to help you pay for your adoption. One way to raise money for your adoption fee is to find a side hustle. Many don’t require a large starting investment or even expect a specialized skill-set; however, they have the potential to put a little money toward your adoption in your spare time.
- Make sure that you have the time. You are probably already working a full-time job so carefully consider each side gig (side hustle) to ensure that you still have time for your family and friends. It's very important to maintain your work/life balance.
- Start researching opportunities. You don't need to reinvent the wheel or even come up with a new idea. Here are just a few to help jump start ideas:
- Uber or Lyft: The more you drive, the more you’ll make. They pay weekly and your fares get automatically deposited. Plus, you decide when you can work.
- Getaround: With the average car sitting idle for 22 hours a day, this might be a way turn your car into another paycheck. It doesn't look like the service is in many areas, so be sure to check.
- eBay: You probably won't make a ton of extra cash selling on eBay, but every bit helps. Take an honest look around your house to see what you can part with. Do you really need four gaming systems?
- TaskRabbit: By working with TaskRabbit, you earn money by helping people with their everyday tasks. This could be from moving furniture to waiting for a delivery.
- Etsy: If you make unique goods, look into selling them on Etsy. They have tools that help you promote and grow your business.
Legal Disclaimer: As with all side hustles, please make sure you investigate each one carefully before applying and working. Gladney is not endorsing any of the above opportunities.
Now you can support other fundraisers you see, provide support to another family trying to fund-raise, and share about your fundraising experience with us! Email your story (and photos too!) to email@example.com.
If you have questions about fundraising or other financial aspects of adoption, please reach out to our Senior Vice President of Finance.